In 1949 Al Saxe replaced Kate Doyle as principal of the Orchard school at the Gish Road site. Mr. Saxe supervised the building of two new wings and a cafeteria/kitchen to the site. Soon after Saxe arrived, the first mobile home park, Riverbend, was built, bringing an extra 100 pupils to the school.
All pictures and much of the text for the Orchard
School History pages were borrowed from the book, Orchard School:
A Narrative History, written by Richard Keller.