Enrollment Process

Enrollment Process during the School Year  |  Enrollment for Next School Year (K-8)  |  Kindergarten or Transitional Kindergarten?  |  Withdrawing Your Student 

Enrollment Process during the School YearGo To Top of Page

To enroll your child at Orchard School mid-year, please do the following:
  1. Pick up a registration packet from the school office.
  2. Fill out forms and obtain proof of residency.
  3. Return completed packet to the school office.
  4. Students who return packets before 12:00 can start school the following day.
  5. Students who return packets after 12:00 will need to wait a full day before starting school.

Enrollment for Next School Year (K-8)Go To Top of Page

Registration for the next school year begins now. Parents can pick up a registration packet in the school office. Please make sure packets are complete upon returning to the school office. Parents are encouraged to return packets as soon as possible to assist with the preparation for the upcoming year. Currently enrolled students do not need to reregister for the following school year.

Kindergarten or Transitional Kindergarten?Go To Top of Page

Student placement into either Kindergarten or Transitional Kindergarten is based on the child's birthdate. If a child turns five years old on or before September 1st, the child is placed into Kindergarten. If the child turns five between September 2nd and December 2nd, the child is placed into Transitional Kindergarten. If the child turns five after December 2nd, the child will need to wait until the following year to be enrolled.

 Child Turns Five:  Child enrolls:
 Before September 2nd In Kindergarten
 Between September 2nd and December 2nd In Transitional Kindergarten
 After December 2nd Next school year

Withdrawing Your Student Go To Top of Page

Please notify the school office as soon as you know when you are moving out of the district by completing the Withdrawal Form. The Withdrawal Form can be obtained in the school office.